Sunday, March 25, 2012

Configuration file for Connection Info (how do i set password)

Hi All,

I'm new to SSIS. I'm trying to build a simple package, run it on dev and migrate it to our stg and tst environments. It works on my dev environment great! It simply loads data from a flat file into a table. The trouble i'm having is exporting the connection string info to an xml file and runnign it on other environments. I am not storing the package on the db. I am saving to a file and running through SQL Server BI Development Studio.

I go to "Configuration File" and export InitialCatalog, ServerName, User, Password to the file. I can manually change the xml to the new environment but don't know how to set the password. It's not in the xml and i am constantly getting "Login failed for 'sa'" errors. Anyone know how to do this. I CAN get this whole process to work if i use Windows authentication security but this isn't an option. I need to use the db security.

Thanks,
Dave

check this out, http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=516292&SiteID=1

kushpaw

|||Thanks! I figured what i was doing wrong. I exported config to xml file. I select Username, Password, InitialCatalog, and Servername to export. Problem i was having was that i the actual password value was not being exported, only the xml tags. I had to manually go in and enter the password value to the xml. It works great now.|||

tenaciousd wrote:

Thanks! I figured what i was doing wrong. I exported config to xml file. I select Username, Password, InitialCatalog, and Servername to export. Problem i was having was that i the actual password value was not being exported, only the xml tags. I had to manually go in and enter the password value to the xml. It works great now.

I recommend you only store the ConnectionString property. That is an amalgamation of all the other properties that you listed there.

-Jamie

sqlsql

No comments:

Post a Comment