Thursday, March 29, 2012

Configure Backup

Is there a way to automate backup? Like it has a schedule. Is this in standard edition.?

Please help a newbie.

Sure...Look in Books Online for "scheduling jobs".
|||

When I check the properties of the SQL Server, it does not have schedule tab. So, I can't schedule a job. I'm using Microsoft SQL Server 8.0 Developer Edition, if I remember correctly.

|||The Schedule tab is on the job properties, not the SQL Serverproperties. You can get to the Jobs in Enterprise Manager bydrilling into the tree node for your SQL Server, then the "Management"node, then the "SQL Server Agent" node under the Management node, andfinally you'll see the "Jobs" node. If you add a new job, on the jobproperties dialog you'll see the Schedule tab.
|||

Found it. I will give it a try.

|||If you are using Enterprise Manager to manage SQL server than it is under Management/Database Maintenance Plans.sqlsql

No comments:

Post a Comment