Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Configuration for Configuration Package? Is this Possible?

Hi Guys,

Here's the current scenario:

I am creating a windows application to manage my ssis packages.

My SSIS packages use package configurations, and by default connect to the "SSIS Configurations" table in sql server.

However, I want it to connect to a view instead of this table, so i create a view "vwSSIS_Configurations" and point the package configuration to use the view in sql server.

The application SHOULD be capable of altering the package configuration's configuration and switch its connection between the default "ssis configurations" table, and the view.

Is this possible? I cannot think of a way which I can have my application switch the package configuration's connection.

Thanks,

kervy

There are a number of ways. I would store the connection string of the connection manager in an XML configuration file.

-Jamie

|||

it's not the connection string of the connection manager, but the connection to the package configuration table,

currently my package configurations are looking in the "SSIS Configurations" table.. but I want my application to let the dtsx switch to another configuration table named "SSIS Configurations2" both have the same schema but different values. is there a "configuration" property for the configuration table connection?

|||

Ah OK. Well I've just looked at the setup screen for SQL Server configs for the first time in my life and seen that you can store the config location in an environment variable. I don't know exactly what it does but have you explored that? BOL should contain details to help you.

-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment