Thursday, March 29, 2012

Configure IIS for Reporting Manager and reporting server site

Dear All:

My reporting manager and reporting server were working fine in IIS. But when I booted the system one day, one error message came "Unexpected error" for the IIS. So I removed the IIS and reinstalled he same.

But after that, I tried to give virtual directories to reporting manager and reporting server sites. But it ain't working. Could you please help me?

My IIS 5.1
Reporting service 2005 Express with SQL Server Express
ASP.NET 2.0 Express.

Please help.

Thanks in Advance

Emmanuel MathewDear All:

I got it somehow worked. But now the problem is that when I take the report manager and display the report, it shows me a wrongly formatted page with "Object reference not set to an isntance of an Object"

But in server, even though I am getting the unformatted (Like CSS is not applied), I get the report correctly. Is there anything wrong with the ath of CSS?

And what is this "Object reference error"? Could you please help me.

Thanks
Emmanuel Mathew|||Can you tell us the stack trace in report service log file? Also is there any error in the reporting services configuration tool (not sure if it comes with RS express)?|||Dear Friend:

There is no error screen to take a stack trace. Let me explain. When I give the URL, the reporting manager comes nicely. Then when I click on one of the report, usually, the parameter and the view report button should appear. It appears. But they are all mis aligned. And when Press on the view report, the image which shows the processing rotates and then shows the error in a single line "Object reference not set to an instance of an Object"

When I open the reporting server, I get the directory listing and then when I click on one of the report, the report comes mis aligned as in report manager. But when I click on the view report, it shows the report even though its looking ugly. I get the error only in reporting manager.

Let me tell you what had happened earlier too. One day when I opened the machine, my IIS got an unexpected error and it did not start. SO I reisntalled the same. After reinstalling, I saw that the reporting manager and the server virtual folders are gone. So I created the same and ran the command Reg IIS to register IIS for the ASP.NET 2. I have .NET, sql server and the reporting services which are all express editions installed in the machine. Everything was working fine till I find one day my IIS got corrupted.

Lot of thanks for the support. And thanks in Advance.

Emmanuel Mathew|||I reinstalled IIS and the server stated working fine now. I know its not the solution. But I made it working. Thanks a lot for your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment