Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Configuration problems

Hi,
I am trying to configure my serwer (local computer) as a distributor and
publisher to see how it works. I have created sample database with one table
and few filelds. One of them is unique primary key.
During Configuring and Selecting Distributor or Creating Publication I get
an error:
Error 14114: '(null)' is not configured as a Distributor.
What can be the problem? I was trying to configure transactional
replication, but I think that it has no influence, because error occures
during configuring distributor. Also I have used fo snapshot folder admin
share C$ ans normal share with full rights for all users C.
Software versions are:
Windows XP Professional SP1
SQL 2000 Developer SP3 version 8.00.760
Thank you
Przemo
Have a look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q302223/
You may have changed the name of the machine since installing replication
and there is no entry in sysservers with the new machine name
--
Mary Bray [SQL Server MVP]
Please only reply to newsgroups
"Przemo" <Przemo@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:3473CCB4-6C0B-4ED4-833E-73CEC5E2E1DB@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I am trying to configure my serwer (local computer) as a distributor and
> publisher to see how it works. I have created sample database with one
> table
> and few filelds. One of them is unique primary key.
> During Configuring and Selecting Distributor or Creating Publication I get
> an error:
> Error 14114: '(null)' is not configured as a Distributor.
> What can be the problem? I was trying to configure transactional
> replication, but I think that it has no influence, because error occures
> during configuring distributor. Also I have used fo snapshot folder admin
> share C$ ans normal share with full rights for all users C.
> Software versions are:
> Windows XP Professional SP1
> SQL 2000 Developer SP3 version 8.00.760
> Thank you
> Przemo

No comments:

Post a Comment