Thursday, March 29, 2012

Configurations like ANSI_WARNINGS

Recently I executed the MS Best Practices Analyzer in my test server, and
the report analysis alerted to me to configure the following options for
true:
ANSI_NULLS, ANSI_PADDING, ANSI_WARNINGS, ARITHABORT,
CONCAT_NULL_YIELDS_NULL, QUOTED_IDENTIFIER to ON and NUMERIC_ROUNDABOUT to
off.
But I'm with this doubts:
If I configure these options using sp_configure 'user options', I imagine
that all my client connection goes to be configured for this configuration,
unless the client uses any SET xxx.
If I configure these options in each database with sp_dboption, when they
would have effect? They go bypass the sp_confgure configurations?
Is there some rule to help me decide if I must or it does not qualify them?
Thanks
Esio NunesHi,
sp_dboption changes settings for a database.
sp_configure to change server-level settings, and the SET statement to
change settings that affect only the current session.
Thanks
Yogish|||OK, but what means with de sp_dboption? When this setting will be applied?
Esio
"Yogish" <yogishkamathg@.icqmail.com> escreveu na mensagem
news:068B7FE1-77FF-44D6-A596-2CD81CEA01D8@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> sp_dboption changes settings for a database.
> sp_configure to change server-level settings, and the SET statement to
> change settings that affect only the current session.
> --
> Thanks
> Yogish|||Hi Esio,
Lets assume, you have 5 database in your SQL Server. When you use
sp_configure, it will apply to all the 5 database. And when you use
sp_dboption it will apply to a specific database (one of the 5).
HTH
--
Thanks
yogish|||I understand.
So, I have db_a and db_b. Both are with ansi warnings off.
I change with sp_dboption 'db_a','ansi warnings','on' the configuration.
Tthe user conect to db_b (with no config changed), so the ansi warning is
off, if the user change to db_a then ansi warning will be "changed" to on?
"Yogish" <yogishkamathg@.icqmail.com> escreveu na mensagem
news:353F32BC-E3D6-4B46-ACC6-1D223512E1CF@.microsoft.com...
> Hi Esio,
> Lets assume, you have 5 database in your SQL Server. When you use
> sp_configure, it will apply to all the 5 database. And when you use
> sp_dboption it will apply to a specific database (one of the 5).
> HTH
> --
> Thanks
> yogish|||That's correct.
Thanks
Yogish

No comments:

Post a Comment